Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 5 Of 20 Days Of New Moon

Wait a sec? Only 15 days left???? *runs to take a Xanax* Phew ok I'm calm now. So how about you, bouncing of the walls yet with anticipation? No? Liars, ALL of YOU.....LOL!! That's right 15 days until...GASP!! the movie we've all been waiting for. I'm trying to pump your veins with tiny doses of heroin here to ease your jitters, I hope it's working and not actually making you more insane, LOL!!! In case you missed the last post here, Day 4 - http://breakmyheadboard.blogspot.com/2009/11/day-4-of-20-days-of-new-moon.html




“You really, honestly don’t mind that I morph into a giant dog?” - Jacob Black

“Vampires don’t count as people.” - Jacob Black

“I’m sort of used to weird by this point, you know.” - Bella Swan


“Bye, Bella. I really hope you don’t die.” Jacob Black



“Leave it to you, Bella. Anyone else would be better off when the vampires left town. But you have to start hanging out with the first monsters you can find.” - Alice Cullen

“What did you think you were going to find? I mean, besides me dead? Did you expect to find me skipping around and whistling showtunes? You know me better than that.” - Bella Swan

---------------------------------------------------

"One of the few scenes that translates into the movie is Bella's dream sequence in which she sees Edward, "lovely and forever seventeen" as Meyer wrote, and herself as an old woman. Translating that into screenplay terms was a matter of "just paring down," according to Rosenberg. But the screenwriter had to interpret the book for a visual medium, which was why she decided to make Edward's voice in Bella's head and make it visual. The introduction of the "apparition" would become emotional and visual underpinning for one of the major story points. In the novel, Edward's warning voice echoes in Bella's head during a night in the Town of Port Angeles, when she walks past four young men (recalling another Port Angeles visit in Twilight when four men threatened her). For the screenplay, Rosenberg gave those four men some motorcycles. "this Was the first moment that the apparition of Edward the protector comes forward and, for cinematic reasons, it needed to be a more significant moment; it was not enough for her to just walk up to these guys, we wanted Bella to do something dangerous," Rosenberg explained. "I added the motorcycles, because she does this reckless thing and rides on one of the motorcycles, but motorcycles will also become an important part of her relationship with Jacob. It works really well because the motorcycles from Port Angeles stay in her head, as that was the situation that pushed Edward to appear. It's a visual touchstone" -Mark Gotta Vez

Ohhhh!!!!! I get it now you totally added a scene that's not in the book so Bella's reason for choosing the bikes later on make more sense than just, "hmm let me find something reckless....oh look some old motorbikes, they look dangerous. Maybe if I can get them to work and try to kill myself somehow Edward will appear!" Nice touch there Rosenberg. So now it will be a kind of, "Oh motorbikes! Last time I rode one, Edward showed up...if I get them fixed he'll show up again!" I bet Stephanie Meyer probably smacked her forehead and said "that makes totally more sense than the crap I wrote!" Don't worry Steph we still love your version too. - SilverBullet

No comments:

Post a Comment